Uryte.com, Inc. allows parents to review their students’ grade school educator (“Teacher”) using an online questionnaire. The results of the questionnaire establish an Educator’s Grade Point Average ™ (“EGPA”), which is an average of all questionnaires submitted by parents for a given Teacher. Teachers are ranked based on their EGPA; the best Teachers are then offered positions to teach and/or tutor on Uryte.com.
Uryte.com Inc.'s website (www.uryte.com) and mobile app provide user-generated feedback on Teacher's teaching methods, manners and competence as well as user generated feedback on the overall experience in the classroom.
Teacher posts should only be posted by users who meet all eligibility requirements as outlined in the Terms and Conditions of Use. Users are limited to submitting one (1) Teacher Review per student, per class subject taught.
Uryte.com, Inc. is NOT the place to report illegal, dangerous, or illicit behaviors. If you believe that you, another Teacher, or a student is in danger, we strongly advise you to report such beliefs directly to your campus authorities or local law enforcement personnel.
HOW WE WORK
Uryte.com, Inc. provides online Concierge Education™ services to the public with access to the “best” Teachers in the United States. “Best” is determined by the Teacher’s Educator’s Grade Point Average™ (EGPA), which is determined by Uryte.com. Inc. using online surveys, we call Teacher Reviews, conducted by parents and guardians of students. The aggregate of Teacher Reviews determines a Teacher’s EGPA, which then ranks the Teachers in our public database.
- Be honest in your reviews. You want to be able to trust these reviews when evaluating Teachers so we ask that to contribute in the same spirit.
- We encourage you to ask your student for their input during the Teacher Review survey; keeping in mind that your student may not always be the perfect, sweet angel you think they are.
- When you are reviewing a Teacher, it's often helpful to provide both pros and cons. This leads to much more credible and constructive feedback for Teachers, which translates into a better educational experience for your student(s).
- Reviews should focus specifically on the Teacher, the class and you and your student’s experience. Do not post on a Teacher's appearance, age, dress, gender, race, sexual orientation or other characteristics that are irrelevant to the Teacher’s efficacy as a Teacher.
- Avoid hearsay. We want you to share your individual experience and what you took away from the Teacher. Don't speak on behalf of another, encourage others to submit their own reviews.
- This is not a forum for debate. Reviews that specifically reference another review will be removed. If you do not agree with someone's individual review, we encourage you to share your own.
- We understand that not all Teachers/Teachers are the perfect match for each individual learning style. Tell us how the class or Teacher wasn't the best for yours student in a way that helps others make their own decision.
- Posts fueled by anger do not reflect favorably on the author and can be removed for violations, i.e.: vulgarity. Take time to step back and ensure your post will actually help others understand your experience.
- Uryte.com, Inc. reserves the right to remove posts that do not contain substantive information.
- We only allow parents to review a Teacher one time per student, per class subject taught. For example, let’s assume a parent has two students that each have Mr. Smith for 3rd period Geometry and again for 6th period P.E. The parent can leave four (4) reviews for Mr. Smith: one per student for both Geometry and P.E.
- Spamming an account will lead to post removal and the account being potentially blocked on the site.
- When reading other parent reviews, we encourage you to use your discretion and weigh every post amongst the others. Online posts should be one of the many resources used when evaluating Teachers.
Prohibited Content: Posts that contain the following will be removed:
- Vulgarity/Profanity, name-calling, and/or derogatory remarks about ethnicity, religion or race, gender, physical appearance, age, mental and/or physical disabilities;
- Identifiable information about a Teacher or student that would allow someone to contact the Teacher outside of their school;
- References to a Teacher's or student's family, personal life and/or sex life, including any sexually charged dialog;
- Posts that claim that a Teacher shows bias for or against a student or specific group of students;
- Posts that claim about a Teacher's employment status, including previous employment;
- Posts that claim that a Teacher or student engages or has engaged in illegal activities;
- Direct or indirect references to other existing posts or posts that have been deleted by our administrators;
- Accusations that the Teacher is posting about him/herself or his/her colleagues;
- Accusations and/or suggestions that a Teacher has acted or behaved in an inappropriate or illegal manner with a student. Any and all such suggestions and/or accusations should be taken directly to police, legal authorities and/or school officials
- A language other than English. Posts must be written in English only;
- Hyperlinks and/ or URLs of any kind.
- This is an anonymous website where parents can share their student’s classroom experiences. We are unable to provide any data or personal information about the submitter of a review. Parents, however, have the option to publish their identity with their Teacher Review.
- We encourage you to engage parents on the Site by creating a Uryte.com account. By doing so you then have the ability to post a reply to a Teacher Review, post and share your good reviews, post and share your professional accomplishments, update your profile to include your teaching and educational history and even post your favorite picture of yourself.
- Teachers who engage Uryte.com parents can affect their EGPA positively by replying to reviews, good and bad, sharing your educational history and your personal story on how you became a teacher.
- Parents have the ability to update their review of Teachers once each semester. By engaging your parents you improve your chances of getting a good review or getting a parent to update their review to a better EGPA.
- Replies fueled by anger do not reflect well on the Teacher and can be removed for violations such as vulgarity or any other prohibits content. Take time to ensure your reply will genuinely help others.
- If you believe that your profile is being spammed or inappropriately harassed, please contact Admin@Uryte.com.
- While it is against our guidelines for a Teacher to review themselves, we suggest Teachers encourage their students to help their parents leave good reviews. The more reviews you have, the more accurate your EGPA.
- Teacher replies are subject to the same limitations regarding Prohibited Content, as set forth above.
FLAGGING A POST
If you see a post that you believe violates these Site Guidelines, please email Admin@Uryte.com to report the review. Please be sure to include the Teacher’s name associated with the review being reported as well as the date of the review and the EGPA the review generated. Such posts will be evaluated by the Site's personnel. Please do not flag a review just because you disagree with it.
SOME LEGAL STUFF
The law protects Uryte.com, Inc. from legal responsibility for the content posted by our users, like the posts that appear on our site. Specifically, the Communications Decency Act of 1996 (47 U.S.C. Sec. 230) created federal immunity to any cause of action that would make service providers, like Uryte.com, Inc., liable for information originating with a third-party user.
The law is clear; Anyone who wishes to sue Uryte.com, Inc. for the posts submitted by our members risks penalties imposed by the Court. These may include financial sanctions and reimbursement of our attorney's fees for our having to defend against a lawsuit that ignores obvious legal protections for Uryte.com, Inc.
If, despite our caution, you feel that legal action is the only recourse for you, our address for service of legal process is:
- Uryte.com , Inc.
- P.O. Box 62162
- Boulder City, NV 89005
If you intend to serve documents on Uryte.com, Inc., please make sure that service is properly effected in the US in accordance with all applicable law. We are not obligated to respond if service is not valid.
These guidelines are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. While we stand by our guidelines, you are encouraged to seek advice from an attorney who is competent in the relevant field of law.
RESERVATION OF RIGHTS